Original Active Citizens Our global organization of 200,000 young active citizens grew out of the vision of one St. Louisan more than 90 years ago as a constructive approach to civic problems. Founded in 1915 in St. Louis, Missouri, USA by Henry Giessenbier, the movement spread, and Junior Chamber International was founded with eight other countries in 1944.
The JCI Mission
To provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.
The JCI Vision
To be the leading global network of young active citizens.
The JCI Values
- That faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life
- That the brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations
- That economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise
- That government should be of laws rather than of men
- That earth's great treasure lies in human personality
- And that service to humanity is the best work of life.